A plan to make the future cost of higher education more affordable.
To help prepare for the expenses of college and post secondary education, you can consider a 529 college savings plan. 529 Plans are a popular way to either prepay tuition at qualifying universities or put away funds to grow tax-deferred for future qualified higher education costs. The true advantage of 529 Plans lies within the tax benefits since none of the earnings or gains are subject to taxes throughout the life of the plan. Taxes on earnings are deferred until funds are actually withdrawn and if the money is used for a qualified college expense, it can be withdrawn tax-free.
With its tax-free withdrawals for qualified college expenses and tax-deferred growth on earnings, the 529 Plan offers a flexible way to make higher education more affordable.
- Tax-deferred savings
- No age or income limitations
- Unlimited beneficiary transfers
- Does not have to be established in your state of residence*
- Can be established for any child—your own, a grandchild, cousin, etc.
- Tax-free withdrawals for qualified educational expenses
To learn more about the 529 Plan options available in your state, speak with a Sentinel Securities Representative or email SSI.CustomerResponse@SBGI.com.
* An investor should consider, before investing, whether the investor's or designated beneficiary's home state offers any state tax or other benefits that are only available for investments in the home state's qualified tuition program.